COOKING WITH CRAIG:
This week in our Cooking With Craig series we are taking your taste buds to Tuscany in Italy with a Salmon Panzanella. This dish is full of ingredients you are likley to have in your kitchen at home and is easy to put together. You can swap out the Salmon for any fish you prefer or even make a Chicken Panzanella if that is what you are partial to.
Don't forget to check out the great deals at our Driveway Service this week.
Donwload the recipe card here.
Stay in touch - if you make this dish at home, we would love to hear about it! As always, our inbox is open on Facebook Messenger @GreenbankRSL or via email email@example.com
Follow Craig along in the video below:
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thick slices day-old whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (see tip)
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 x 180-200g Salmon Pieces
- Sea salt to taste
- Whisk olives, vinegar, capers and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until combined. Add bread, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil.
- Oil the pan or grill
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the salmon until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with a piece of salmon.
If using fresh bread, you can grill the bread slices along with the salmon and then cut them into cubes. Alternatively, cut bread into cubes, place on a baking sheet and bake at 300°F/150°C until dry.