COOKING WITH CRAIG:
POLENTA LAMB CUTLETS
It's a different world we are living in right now. We hope you are all staying safe and well during the COVID-19 pandemic and we can't wait to have you all back at the club when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we are excited to launch our new series Cooking With Craig!
Garden's Cafe Head Chef, Craig features in this new video series and he's even going to share his recipes with you!
Kicking off with what was scheduled to be our April monthly special, we present to you Polenta Lamb Cutlets - Yum! The perfect hearty meal to cook as the weather cools down leading into Winter.
Press play on the video to watch Craig put together this mouthwatering meal. Download the recipe card here and follow along to make it at home yourself. Perhaps a special dish to surprise Mum with on Sunday for Mother's Day?
Keep in touch - Let us know how you go when you make this dish on Facebook messenger @Greenbank RSL or email us at email@example.com
Polenta Crusted Lamb Cutlets
- 9 lamb cutlets
- 150g semolina flour
- 2 tabs polenta
- 25g butter
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion,
- finely chopped
- 600g frozen peas
- 125ml vegetable stock
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 12 chat potatoes
- Fresh garlic
- Ready-made gravy
- Red currant jam
Minted Pea Puree
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallots or onion and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the frozen peas and vegetable stock and turn up the heat until the peas have thawed and are hot. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh mint leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes. Spoon the mixture into a food processor and blend to a purée – stop blending when you have the consistency you like. Season generously, return to the saucepan and heat well. If you prefer, you can make the purée several hours in advance, then just tip it into a bowl, cover and chill in the fridge. Reheat when needed.
Garlic Roast Chats
- Cut Potatoes in half, add sliced garlic, toss in olive oil
- Slow roast in oven for approximately 35-45 minutes
- Mix semolina & polenta
- Push lamb in mix
- Grill in pan for 3-4 minutes each side
- Remove & wipe out pan
- Add gravy & red currant jelly to taste
To plate, place pea puree off-centre on plate, potatoes next to puree, lamb on over side & drizzle with the gravy.