COOKING WITH CRAIG:
MEXICAN BEEF TORTILLA
We've heard some good news this week! Restrictions are easing ever so slightly and we are getting closer to re-opening! We certainly can't wait for that day, and we are sure you can't as well. This week your taste buds will be saying "deliciosa!" with this quick and easy recipe for Mexican Beef Tortillas. (Hint: You can even make this on the sandwich press!) We are heading into Winter now, so it's good to have a quick and easy recipe that's also warm up your sleeve!
Download the recipe card here.
As always, be sure to check out what's on offer at our Driveway Service.
Follow Craig along in our video & don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 x large onion (chopped)
- 1 x clove minced garlic
- 30 gram taco seasoning mix
- Olive oil
- 8 x tortillas (or wraps)
- Sliced tomato
- Grated cheese
- Sliced fresh chilli (optional)
- Sour cream
- Heat oil in frypan
- Add onion & garlic, cook until soft
- Add beef mince & brown
- Add taco seasoning with a dash of water
- Cook for 10 minutes & allow to cool
- Spread equal amounts of beef mix on ½ of tortillas
- Top with tomato, cheese & chilli (if desired)
- Fold over & heat in frypan for 2-3 minutes
- Flip over to cook other side
- Remove from pan & cut into 4
- Serve with the sour cream & salsa
- A tin of tomatoes can be added in the Beef mince, this will result in a richer mix.
- Tortillas can be cooked on a sandwich grill as an alternative
- Swap mince for beans for a vegetarian option